In 1999, Dragone directed the music video for Lara Fabian's song "Adagio".
In the following year, he formed his own company called Dragone, based in his hometown of La Louvière in Belgium. During 2003, Dragone created a new live show, A New Day...
starring Céline Dion, which opened at Caesars Palace, thus continuing his association with Las Vegas.
In 2005, Dragone debuted his fourth production on the Las Vegas Strip with the opening of Le Rêve
at the Wynn Las Vegas.
Franco Dragone was in charge of the opening ceremony show for the 2010 South American Games that took place in Medellín, Colombia on March 19, 2010. The main themes of the show were inspired by Medellin's culture, business and geography.
In 2010, Dragone also directed a Macau-based show entitled The House of Dancing Water
, which bills itself as the world’s largest permanent water-based show. It includes over 70 artists from around the globe, including many who come from his previous creations with Cirque du Soleil. The artists in the show are well-rounded in dance, swimming and acrobatics, as the 'House Troupe' performs many different acts. The House of Dancing Water
is set in the 2000-seat Dancing Water Theater designed by Pei Partnership Architects; the theater is part of the City of Dreams integrated entertainment resort in Macau. The 270-degree theater-in-the-round has a central stage with a diameter of approximately 25 meters (82 feet), surrounded by sloped seating on three sides. The theater arena boasts a 40-meter-high steel trussed space (30 meters clear) providing generous height to the show’s display of acrobatics. The show, which incorporates various design elements such as fire, water effects, and atmospheric effects, premiered on 17 September 2010.
On March 29, 2012, Dragone was awarded a doctor honoris causa degree
for general merits by the University of Antwerp, in recognition of his innovative and cosmopolitan approach to theatre.
In early 2013, Dragone created and directed Story of a Fort, Legacy of a Nation
, a show that ran from February 28 through March 9, 2013 as the centrepiece event of the Qasr a- Hosn festival in Abu Dhabi. The show celebrated Emirati history with state-of-the-art technology, acrobatics, and traditional Emirati dance and music.
In 2014, Dragone opened The Han Show
in Wuhan, China, celebrating the essence of the Han culture. The Han Show Theater, designed by Mark Fisher and inspired by the “Red Lantern”, is 60 meters high, 100 meters in diameter and houses more than 2000 seats.
In spring 2015, Dragone created a new show for Le Lido, in Paris, titled Paris Merveilles
In 2016, Dragone directed a new show of Russian pop icon Philipp Kirkorov called "I" ("Я") which premiered in the Kremlin Palace on March 16.
Cirque du Soleil
- 1985: La Magie Continue
- 1987: Le Cirque Réinventé
- 1990: Nouvelle Expérience
- 1992: Saltimbanco
- 1993: Mystère
- 1994: Alegría
- 1996: Quidam
- 1998: O
- 1998: La Nouba
- 1999: Alegría (1999 film) (co-writer, director and producer)
- Music video for Lara Fabian's song "Adagio"
- Décrocher la lune, La Louvière, directed by Luc Petit
- Opening ceremony of Euro 2000
- Chapeau Europa: Ceremony for the European Union Belgian Presidency in Brussels
- Disney Cinema Parade, for Disneyland Paris
- Décrocher la lune 2, La Louvière, directed by Luc Petit
- Au fil de l’homme
- A New Day..., for Céline Dion
- Le Rêve, at the Wynn Las Vegas
- Ma tête est ailleurs, for Saule et les Pleureurs, Mons, Belgium
- Décrocher la lune 3, La Louvière, directed by Luc Petit
- Carmen, the Musical, San Diego
- Othello, passeur, Mons, Belgium
- Fortissim’O, Vienna
- Le Potager des visionnaires, Quebec, for the 400th birthday of Quebec City
- KDO, Brussels
- Décrocher la lune 4, La Louvière, directed by Luc Petit
- 2010 South American Games opening show in Medellín, Colombia
- The House of Dancing Water at City of Dreams, Macau
- Story of a Fort, Legacy of a Nation, Abu Dhabi
- The Han Show in Wuhan, China
- Paris Merveilles at Le Lido in Paris, France
- The Dai Show in Xishuangbanna, China
- La Perle at Al Habtoor City, Dubai
- 1985: La vente aux enchères, Cirque du Trottoir
- 1986: Eldorado, Compagnie des Mutants
- 1987: Les Communs des Mortels, a Compagnie du Campus and Collectif 1984 coproduction
- 1987: Flic, Flac, Compagnie des Funambules (Belgique)
- 1987: La tête dans le si bémol, with Michel Dallaire and Pierre Lafontaine
- 1992: La ballade de l'homme gris, Compagnie du Campus
- 1993: Pomp, Duck, Circumstance, Düsseldorf
- 1996: Poussière du temps, Compagnie du Campus
- 2016: Cagnasse tutto, Foja Teatro di San Carlo - Napoli
- Yves Vasseur, Franco Dragone: une part de rêve, Éd. Luc Pire, 2006
- Yves Vasseur, Franco Dragone, une improbable odyssée, Éd. Labor, 2002
- Franco Dragone, Claude Renard, Le Tailleur du Rêve, Éd. Les Impressions Nouvelles, 2006
- Jacob Berger, Le Rêve, 2005: série documentaire pour Arte autour du travail de Franco Dragone sur le spectacle Le Rêve
- , Looking For Dragone, 2009
El contenido de este artículo ha sido extraído de la Wikipedia en inglés bajo licencia Creative Commons.
LO + EN CANCIONEROS.COM
Más nuevoMás leídoMás votado
Caso Víctor Jara
La hija del popular cantante chileno Víctor Jara instó al gobierno chileno a actuar más rápido para presionar por la extradición desde Estados Unidos de uno de los responsables por el asesinato de su padre en 1973.
HOY EN PORTADA
Nuevo cancionero y discografía
Presentamos el séptimo de nuestros cancioneros y discografías anunciados en el marco de nuestro vigésimo aniversario. Guillermina Motta, octavo miembro de "Els Setze Jutges", cantautora, actriz, vedette. Sensibilidad y picardía. En fin, ternura y purpurina.
© 2018 CANCIONEROS.COM, CANDIAUTOR 2010 SL