Fecha de nacimiento:
30 de septiembre de 1956
Canciones compuestas por
Cancioneros con canciones
de Manuel Tadros
Escúchalo en Apple Music
(born September 30, 1956) is an Egyptian-Canadian singer, songwriter, actor, comedian and voice actor. He currently works and lives in Quebec.
Tadros was born in Cairo, Egypt to a Christian family. His father, Emmanuel Saadi Tadros, was a Coptic Christian, and his mother, Suzette Sawaya, was of Syro-Lebanese descent. Tadros's parents immigrated to Quebec when he was ten years old. His father bought him a guitar when he was 12 and he started composing and singing, eventually performing at the Vieux Damas
venue in Saint Vincent.
His fame began to grow after he took part in Première chance
, a TV program hosted by Fernand Gignac for new talents, in which he sang "Je t'aime, tu sais". Soon after this, he released his first album Manuel Tadros
which featured the song "Un trésor de velours" that topped the Quebec charts. He was also known for his song "Isabelle". Tadros also hosted the variety shows Jeunesse
and Pop Express
between 1982 and 1984 on Télé Métropole.
Toward the end of the 1970s and throughout the 1980s Tadros turned to writing songs for other artists, including the hit tune "C'est zéro" for Julie Masse. He also wrote for Véronic Dicaire, Roch Voisine, Nicole Martin, Patrick Norman and Natasha St-Pier and for shows including Cirque du Soleil's Alegria
At the beginning of the 1990s, Tadros diversified, doing voice-overs for movies and TV series. He acted on stage including in the 2001 play Roméo et Juliette, de la Haine à l'Amour
. He also hosted the educational magazine Code d’accès
between 1998 and 2000.
Tadros wrote the French versions of the music in Chicago
in 2003 (including the French-language musical comedy adaptation of the film) and Nostalgia
in 2004. He is the voice of Rodrigo Borgia in the Ubisoft game Assassin's Creed II
and its follow-up Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
in addition to a number of animated films. He has dubbed close to 750 films and series.
Tadros is a founding member and administrator of ArtistI, an organization that oversees the payment of royalties to artists. Diabetic from a very young age, he is known for his involvement as a spokesman for Fondation de la recherche sur le diabète juvénile
(FRDJ) for many years.
Manuel Tadros is the father of Quebec film director and actor Xavier Dolan.
- 1996: Omerta, la loi du silence as Frank Vastelli(TV series)
- 1997: Omerta 2, la loi du silence as Frank Vastelli (TV series)
- 1997: Twist of Fate as Dr. Hassan
- 1998: Pendant ce temps... as a Mafioso
- 1998: Meurtrière par amour (The Girl Next Door) as Carlo (TV)
- 1999: Omertà 3, Le dernier des hommes d'honneur as Frank Vastelli (TV series)
- 1999: Bonanno: A Godfather's Story as Mimi Sebella (TV)
- 2000: La Promesse
- 2001: The Warden as Diaz (TV)
- 2002: Le Dernier Chapitre as Carlos Vasquez (TV series)
- 2002: Aime ton père (English title A Loving Father) as M. Azouz (film)
- 2002-2005: Watatatow as Luigi Del Vecchio (TV series)
- 2003: Comment ma mère accoucha de moi durant sa ménopause as a Biologist
- 2003: Au-delà des frontières (Beyond Borders) as a Chechen mobster
- 2005: La Vie avec mon père as a doctor
- 2005: Human Trafficking (Trafic d'innocence) as Miguel, a Mexican smuggler (TV series)
- 2008: Le piège américain as Joseph Valachi
- 2008: Casino as Kia (TV)
- 2009: Assassin's Creed: Lineage as Rodrigo Borgia (short film)
- 2009: I Killed My Mother (J'ai tué ma mère) as a concierge
- 2010: L'Appât as MC
- 2013: Tom at the Farm (Tom à la ferme) as the bartender
- 2016: X-Men: Apocalypse
- 2009: Assassin's Creed II as Rodrigo Borgia
- 2010: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood as Rodrigo Borgia
Theater and musical comedies
- 1995: Le Bijou
- 1998: A vos souhaits
- 1998: Jerusalem the Musical
- 2000: Un cadeau du ciel
- 2002: Roméo et Juliette, de la Haine à l'Amour as Prince of Verona
- 2004: Nostalgia